The lips are a real seductive asset that highlight the face. You find yours too thin and you have neither the desire nor the means to invest in cosmetic surgery? However, you don’t want to give up the luscious lips you dream of, and that’s normal. Don’t worry, thin lips can also take on volume without necessarily going through the scalpel! We give you 6 tips in this article to plump up your lips and have the mouth of your dreams!
1. Do Facial Gymnastics
Sport also exists for the mouth, and it even allows you to plump up the lips without artifice ! It takes a bit of rigor, but if you stick to these practices over the long term, you can proudly admire the result you will have obtained naturally in the near future! These are exercises you can do anytime, at the office if you couldn’t do them in the morning, or even in your car!
- Your mouth must be closed. Draw your lips in, contract them, and hold this contraction for 5 to 10 seconds, before exhaling, forming an O shape with your mouth . You have to say it loudly. To be effective, this method should be done ten times, at least twice a day.
- You can also repeat successively the letters of the alphabet by pressing particularly O and X for 10 minutes, twice a day. This will strengthen your lip muscles.
- Whistle and smile! It will be good for your morale as well as for your lips.
- Make a duck face! If that exaggerated kissing pout is now banned in social media profile pictures, use it to strengthen your mouth muscles!
2. Draw the outline of your Lips
Sworn enemy of luscious lips, the pencil is your most faithful ally if you have a thin mouth. To avoid any slippage of bad taste, be sure to choose it in the same shade as your lipstick.
To trace the contour of your lips, start from the center and go gently outward, avoiding any overflow. You can then undercoat them with the pencil before applying your makeup. This will guarantee a better hold!
3. Focus on Shine
You can opt for a lipstick in pearly and shimmery shades . This will have the effect of multiplying the volume of your lips and making you shine with a thousand lights!
Also Read: Make-Up Tip: Full Lips In 5 Easy Steps
4. Choose the right Lipstick shade
To plump thin lips, it is important to choose the right shade of lipstick. Bet on light tones, as this will reflect the light more, rather than matte finishes which tend to break the effects on the volume. Do not hesitate to go for shiny textures, which will give an impression of plump lips.
Red is not a prohibited color, provided it is not too dark. Go for a bright or deep red. Take the time to find out from professionals, who will be able to guide you on the colors to adopt and those to avoid at all costs!
5. Exfoliate your Lips
Here is a tip that you can apply every morning or just before putting on your lipstick: exfoliate them.
Using a toothbrush (preferably soft), you can also rub your lips to remove all dead skin and promote cell renewal.
You can also use a store-bought scrub , but make sure it’s fine-grained. On moistened mouth, put the product and massage gently, from the inside out.
In addition to smoothing the skin and energizing it, regularly exfoliating your lips will stimulate the capillaries. If you want to find a dream mouth quickly, you can apply the scrub for a few days in a row, until you see a satisfactory result.
Here is an express homemade recipe:
- 1/2 cup of oil (olive, coconut, sunflower…)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (white or brown, it doesn’t matter)
- 1 teaspoon ground or powdered cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. You should get a slightly rough paste.
Put a small amount on your toothbrush, and gently rub the lips in small circular motions. This will allow you to exfoliate them while cleaning them of dead skin and boosting blood circulation. Do this scrub for 2 to 3 minutes and rinse your lips with a moistened cotton ball.
The dream smile is yours!
6. Boost Blood Circulation
To activate blood circulation and plump up your lips , you can perform the following suggestions:
- Biting your lips: this activates the circulation, which will give a boost to their color, in addition to toning them. A simple exercise to practice once or twice a day. It is better to put a nourishing balm on your lips beforehand, in order to soften them.
- You can also mix a few drops of peppermint essential oil into your balm for a more plumping effect. This is known to promote blood circulation. However, be aware that the improvement is short-lived, that you should never use a pure essential oil, and that they can be contraindicated in certain cases. It is better to ask a health professional, who will be able to explain to you how to do an allergy test, and if you can use it without danger.
- To stimulate the area around the mouth, you can also gently pinch the skin around it between your index finger and thumb. A trick to apply twice a day to smooth fine lines and plump up the epidermis.
Also Read: How To Have Thicker Lips