When the temperatures outside climb, we sweat more quickly. You need an effective deodorant that you can easily make yourself. You only need three ingredients for our instructions for homemade deodorant cream.
A deodorant prevents the unpleasant smell of sweat and ensures a pleasant feeling of freshness. Since the deodorant is used every day – sometimes several times – drugstores and supermarkets offer a correspondingly wide range of products: spray deodorant, atomizers, roll-on deodorant and now more and more solid deodorant or deodorant cream.
How good are deodorants?
Deodorant creams are considered to be particularly economical, save space and can even be carried in hand luggage on the plane. But are they as good as their reputation?
Make your own deodorant: the ingredients
If you want to be on the safe side, you don’t have to buy an (expensive) finished product, you can simply make your own deodorant cream. You can create the solid deodorant in just a few steps and with just three ingredients.
For a jar of deodorant cream you need:
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 grams of cocoa butter, preferably organic cocoa butter
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice, for example lavender, sage or lemon thyme oil
- A mold or several small molds in which the solid deodorant can harden
The preparation of the deodorant cream does not take much longer than the preparation of a liquid deodorant. However, the solid deodorant must then harden before you can use it. How to proceed:
- Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath.
- Mix the baking soda with the essential oil in a bowl.
- Once the cocoa butter is liquid, let it cool until it turns slightly cloudy.
- Stir the baking soda and oil mixture into the cocoa butter.
- When the consistency is like a viscous paste, pour into the mold and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
As soon as the deodorant mass has set, you can take the deodorant cream out of the mold and use it. Solid deodorants are particularly practical and space-saving when travelling. If the deodorant cream has become too runny on high heat, simply put it in the fridge. There she gets stuck again.
Also Read: 10 Care Mistakes Men Should Avoid