The passage of time, long exposure to the sun, pregnancy or even taking different medications can cause the appearance of spots on the skin.
Although creams can help us improve the quality of the skin, they are not usually effective when it comes to fighting spots, since specific treatments are needed that act more deeply.
Why do we get spots on our skin?
The spots on the skin are known as lentigines or hyperpigmentation and appear when the body produces excess melanin. They can appear anywhere on the body, but those exposed to the sun predominate: face, neckline and hands.
Stains can come out for the following reasons:
Exposure to the sun: that is why we insist so much on the importance of sun protection, even in winter
- Genetics: They usually appear in darker skin or with higher phototypes.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or with the use of contraceptives, can cause the appearance of these spots.
- Aging: The number of melanocytes decreases over time, but those that remain increase in size and generate more melanin.
- Photoaging: Environmental pollution is one of the main factors that can cause premature aging of the skin.
What treatments eliminate stains according to skin type?
IPL laser or intense pulsed light is one of the most effective treatments for dark spots. The laser emits a broad band of light that treats blemishes, redness, veins, or rough skin to globally improve the quality of the skin. In this way, the patient recovers her tone and texture.
- Medical peeling: there are different types of peeling and the choice of one or the other will depend on the skin of each patient. In general, Peeling removes the more or less deep skin surface to regenerate the skin and treat blemishes, fine wrinkles and acne scars.
- Dermapen: it is a device, in the form of a pencil, whose objective is to improve the quality and texture of the skin. Microperforations are made in the skin through very small and fine needles of the device. In this way, the penetration and absorption of the active principles that are applied to improve the result is favored.
- Indiba Facial: although it is not a treatment expressly to treat dark spots, Indiba is one of the most requested advanced aesthetic treatments due to its multiple benefits. It is a non-invasive and painless radiofrequency (in fact, it is very relaxing) with which an increase in temperature is caused from within the cells themselves. The aim is to improve the quality of the skin, treat fine wrinkles and small spots. It can be combined with other treatments, such as IPL, to obtain optimal results.