At any age, we want to live brightly and actively, even despite the menopause. How to preserve femininity and beauty for many years, we talked about in our article. Read the article and watch our video carefully to not only learn how to remain a beauty out of time, but also win gifts!
What are the symptoms of menopause and when does it occur?
Menopause, also known as menopause, is the cessation of ovarian function. Which is completely normal and physiological. During this period, a woman’s menstruation ends, and the level of estrogen sex hormones, which are important for beauty and youth, also decreases. At the same time, the level of other important hormones decreases: testosterone and growth hormone.
It is believed that menopause occurs at 45–55 years of age. But statistics indicate that menopause is rapidly getting younger. The starting point for menopause is the absence of menstruation throughout the year. It is worth noting that both early and too late menopause (after 60 years) is not desirable for a woman – it increases the risk of oncology. The first “bells” of menopause appear several years before the onset of menopause. These are shortening, misalignment and cycle failures. Later manifestations of menopause: dryness, aging and sagging skin, mood changes, anxiety, depression, memory loss, hot flashes, and so on.
10 factors that bring menopause closer
- Stress – leads to “ovarian steal syndrome” and brings menopause closer.
- Sleep disturbance – affects the decrease in melatonin, which regulates ovarian function.
- Insufficient drinking regime – contributes to the accumulation of adipose tissue, lymph congestion and disruption of the intestines, which is toxic to the ovaries.
- Being overweight is one of the most potent factors in approaching menopause due to insulin resistance.
- Underweight is an initial deficiency of estrogen, which is partially formed in adipose tissue from testosterone.
- Improper diet and various rigid diets.
- Complete lack of physical activity.
- Intense hard sports.
- Smoking and alcohol.
- Deficiency of micronutrients and macro- and micronutrients.
Also Read: 14 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
What to do if there are signs of approaching menopause or menopause has already come?
On the one hand, this is a normal process, on the other hand, I do not want to “grow old” at 40–45 and even at 55 and 60 years old. In order to control the situation, you need to find a gynecologist who will guide you throughout the menopause, conduct the correct examination and prescribe adequate therapy.
There are several components of such therapy: phytoestrogens (for example, isoflavones), peptides, hormone therapy (estrogens, progesterone, testosterone and others), biologically active additives that preserve youth and beauty.
Is it possible to do without hormone therapy?
Of course! Firstly, such therapy is contraindicated for some women.
Secondly, there are women who are afraid to take hormones because of some potential complications.
And thirdly, hormone therapy has a certain window when it can and should be used. This window lasts approximately 7-10 years, maximum 20 years. Therefore, the timing of such therapy should be chosen very carefully.
Phytoestrogens are not hormonal agents, but they can help correct early symptoms of menopause.
Other than hormones, what other ways to maintain health and mood are there?
- Sport. Trite, but true. Moderate exercise increases testosterone and – indirectly – estrogen. Some menopausal women do not have hot flashes during sports.
- Lifestyle in general. Quitting smoking, alcohol, reducing portions of food 2-3 times, plenty of water and regular sex.
- A measured lifestyle. That is, there should be several recurring events during the day at the same time. In this case, the body practically does not experience daily minor stresses.
- Phytoestrogen supplements: isoflavones, flavones, coumestans, lignans. I must say, this is a fairly large class of additives. These include: red clover, soy, sage, licorice, hops, cones, arnica, chamomile, linden, spinach, broccoli, birch leaves, citrus fruits, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, apricots, pistachios, alfalfa, legumes, red grapes, bark and twigs of conifers, primrose, shepherd’s purse, raspberry leaves, uterus, ortilia.
- When choosing phytoestrogens, it is advisable to be based on serious publications. And most of them are about red clover, soybeans and coniferous bark.
How are phytoestrogens and rejuvenation related?
Phytoestrogens have the same points of influence as our natural estrogens. These are skin, hair, nails and the body as a whole. However, the strength of herbal medicine is definitely lower than hormone therapy.
How do phytoestrogens work on a woman’s body?
Phytoestrogens, by binding to estrogen receptors in different organs, act as a signal similar to that given by natural estrogens. As a result of this process, phytoestrogens in the early stages of menopause can trigger collagen synthesis (and this is the quality, youth and elasticity of the skin), improve mood, help maintain harmony, and much more.
How else can you improve your quality of life during menopause?
Happiness isn’t all about estrogen! There are 30-year-old girls who look all 50, and there are 45-year-old women who will not be more than 30. The way of life is responsible for this in many cases. A healthy high-quality diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits and fish, clean air, communication with nature, support from family and friends – all this makes a huge contribution to the condition of a woman.
Also Read: Top 10 Tricks For Your Dry Shampoo