Nowadays, Superfood has become fashionable to designate a series of foods that add several benefits. Although one of the first sciences that human beings learned is the potential of different foods and how to heal themselves through natural products, this was gradually put aside.
Today, there is an upward trend back to normal, and applying natural remedies, not only to heal but to prevent and improve daily health. This aspect includes superfoods, known and used for hundreds of years. Among their most notable characteristics are that, even in small quantities, they gather a large number of nutrients and very few calories.
Benefits of superfoods
There is a very long list of superfoods, and each one usually has more than one health benefit for those who consume it.
Some of the most recognized benefits of these foods are:
- Detoxify the body: Foods such as pineapple or asparagus, with a large amount of water, help detoxify the body of harmful substances. This is one of the critical questions why they are included in most diets, especially those used to cleanse the body after a period of excesses.
- Plus energy: The green coffee, chocolate, or black tea matcha. In addition, this tea, imported from Japan and so fashionable in beverages and pastries in recent times, has very curious properties. Despite having a kind of caffeine, L-theanine, it has properties to induce relaxation but not sleep cause.
- Treat illnesses: Cranberries are one of the foods known for their antibiotic benefits to treat urinary infections.
- Strengthen the immune system: It is more important to have an excellent immune system and work at total capacity than to take medication when sick. For this, several superfoods help and strengthen people’s bodies, olive oil and oranges being two of the best known. Still, we also find others such as garlic -with antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties-, raspberry -anthocyanin and antimicrobial properties-, the great rediscovery of today’s cuisine, ginger, with multiple benefits, from anti-inflammatory to antioxidants or a good bowl of homemade chicken broth that stimulates the immune system and increases self-defense.
- Keeping fit: The liver, carrier of vitamins, eggs, or avocado are some foods that help to stay fit, with a rich and varied diet, even though in many diets they have been demonized foods. The quinoa, called the mother of ancient grains, is also crucial. Due to the number of benefits, it is suitable for everyone, but due to the amount of protein it has, it is critical for vegetarian and vegan diets. In addition, its multiple functions also include reducing the frequency of migraines.
- Extend longevity: The desire pursued by the human being from the beginning of humanity is immortality. Although this is presented as a utopia if there are foods that help enhance health and improve people’s quality of life, extend life. With all its properties, honey is one of the best known and used for this, but it is not alone. As pure and unprocessed as possible, Cinnamon and chocolate are two other foods with these properties.
The best way to take these foods is the least manipulated by the human being possible, and whenever possible, certified as organic. In addition, they are in their purest or raw form possible, without putting health at risk.