Coffee is the most consumed drink in the world. But do you know that instead of throwing away your marc, you can use it in your care rituals? These small grains are full of good active ingredients to beautify and stimulate the skin! Discover right away our 8 beauty recipes based on coffee grounds, natural and gentle on the skin, as well as on the wallet!
1. Make your own Scrub
The coffee grounds scrub is ideal as a body exfoliant, as its large grains help loosen dead skin and prevent ingrown hairs. An epidermis rid of its impurities allows cells to renew themselves more easily. This trick is also used if you want to prepare your skin before hair removal. In this case, do the treatment the day before.
Basic coffee scrub recipe:
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of coffee with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (coconut, sunflower, jojoba, sweet almond, olive, etc.);
- Add a tablespoon of honey (optional).
Apply this treatment all over the body once a week on moistened, clean skin, massaging in small circular motions. Insist a little on the areas of the knees, elbows, and heels. All you have to do is rinse off the coffee grounds. Your skin will be cleansed and covered with a light nourishing veil!
If you don’t have time to make your mixture, you can also simply combine the coffee grounds with your dab of shower gel!
2. Apply Coffee Face Masks
It can happen that overworked skin is tired, dull, lacks luminosity. In this case, a mask with coffee grounds will quickly erase the small wrinkles and restore all its radiance!
Tightening mask recipe:
- Mix in a bowl 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds and 1 tablespoon of honey;
- Apply it to the face, neck, and chest if there is enough left, but don’t get too close to the eyes;
- Leave for 10 minutes;
- Rinse with clear water and admire the result. Your skin will be visibly plumped!
For dehydrated skin:
- If your skin is very dry, simply mix 1 teaspoon of coffee and 1 teaspoon of olive oil;
- Keep the mask on for 10 minutes, and rinse!
You can also make this anti-imperfection mask:
- Mix 1 part coffee for 1 part milk and add a few drops of lemon juice;
- Place the preparation on your face without getting too close to your eyes and leave for 20 minutes;
- Rinse thoroughly.
Anti-fatigue mask recipe:
For this recipe, do not use iron or metal materials, as they break the properties of the clay.
- Mix in a bowl, 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of green or white clay;
- Apply the thick paste on your face;
- Leave for 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
3. Erase Dark Circles with Coffee Grounds
If your eyes suffer from fatigue and dark circles, you can use coffee grounds to fade them and smooth the skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of marc with 1 teaspoon of plain yoghurt or fromage blanc;
- You can add 5 drops of lemon juice to it;
- Place your recipe in the refrigerator for one to two hours and then apply to your dark circles. If you chose to add lemon juice, don’t get too close to the eyes!
- Leave on for about 15 minutes, and remove the excess with a cotton ball or a moistened wipe.
4. Get rid of Cellulite
If you want to make a toning scrub for the body, emphasizing the areas marked by cellulite, you can make the following recipe:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. You can add more or less depending on the extent of the area to be treated;
- Apply this mixture to the desired part of the body by making small circular movements;
- Then wrap with cellophane and a cloth to minimize the risk of staining your surroundings;
- Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse generously.
You can repeat this enveloping scrub once or twice a week.
5. Use Coffee grounds as Hair Conditioner
This recipe is rather recommended for brown or chestnut hair, on which it will leave beautiful reflections. Coffee also has a softening effect and will make them shiny.
Apply the coffee grounds directly to the hair after washing, like a classic product. Massage gently, and rinse generously afterwards.
6. Take care of your hands
If you love gardening, you know how difficult it can sometimes be to get dirt off your hands. This also applies to bad smells. To alleviate this problem, take a teaspoon of coffee grounds, and rub your hands with it. All you have to do is rinse. Baby skin effect guaranteed!
7. Concoct your natural self-tanner
If you want to sport a tanned summer complexion, whatever the season, you can prepare your own self-tanning cream using coffee grounds.
- Put some coffee grounds in your moisturizer.
- Apply it as you normally do.
- You can use this treatment as long as you want, stop when you have achieved the desired result.
8. Prepare a softening balm
You can also prepare a softening balm by following this recipe:
- Mix in a container 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid soap to flavor your preparation a little.
- Put the mixture on the affected areas by massaging gently.
- Then rinse with clean water!